Abacos Fishing Adventures with Over Under Sport Fishing
Why the Abacos?
Guana Cay , in the central Abacos offers one of the very best locations for a great combination of Fishing, Snorkeling, & Island Hopping. There’s fun for the whole family with lots of great day trips, beaches, restaurants, beach bars and easy travel arrangements. The Islands of Treasure Cay, Green Turtle Cay, Marsh Harbour , Man-O-War Cay, Hope Town, and Little Harbour are all within 15 miles! We can base your trip out of any of these great locations or do a live-aboard charter which will allow you to see them all.
Where to Stay?
Here are just a few ideas. Call us for more!
- Bakers Bay Club – Guana Cay: Brand New Private Club and Marina opening November 2008. They have marina villas for rent. This is going to be the largest and nicest marina facility in the Bahamas and our base port for this year!
- Grabbers Bed, Bar & Grill at Sunset Beach – Guana Cay: This place has character….& lots of it! And they promise a Guana Grabber on arrival! Reasonable rates & only a short walk from the ferry dock. Has nine rooms & restaurant.
- Abaco Beach Resort – Marsh Harbour: Full service resort with villas, rooms, pools, bars & restaurants. It’s a short walk to the boat or we can move the boat to their Marina Facility.
- Treasure Cay Resort – Treasure Cay: Very nice full service resort, about a 30 minute drive to the boat or we can move the boat to their Marina facility.
- Green Turtle Club – Green Turtle Cay: Very nice resort on lovely Green Turtle Cay. About 10 miles from Marsh Harbour by boat. We would have to move the boat to their Marina if you decide to stay here.
- Conch Inn & Marina – Marsh Harbour: Full Service Marina & Hotel with a nice swimming pool, laundry facility, hotel rooms, restaurant and bar. When in Marsh Harbour the OVER UNDER is docked at the Conch Marina so this is very convenient.
- Club Soleil – Hope Town: If you’d like to stay on this quaint little Bahamas Island of Hope Town, try the Club Soleil.
Read our Bahamas Fishing Letter which has great info about your Bahamas Fishing Vacations.
Best Beach Bars Around!
Grabber’s on Guana Cay is famous for the Guana Grabber, described as the smoothest and most flavorful rum drink known to man (or woman). Nippers, also on Guana, may be one of the best beach bars in the world! Pete’s Pub & Gallery in Little Harbour is another really cool place you don’t want to miss. There are many more places, too many to list! Marsh Harbour is full of great places to kick back as well. The Abaco Beach Resort is at the top of the list and right in downtown Marsh Harbour there are at least six restaurants and bars within walking distance of the boat.
Restaurants, Shopping, Scuba & Golf
Whether you are looking for fine dining, local Bahamian fare or just cool joint to grab a burger, you won’t have to look far. The Abacos is full of great places. Wally’s Restaurant, The Jib Room, Snappas, Curly Tails, Abaco Beach Resort, Mangoes, & Sapodilly’s will get you started. There are two golf courses within driving distance at Treasure Cay and Winding Bay. In downtown Marsh Harbour you’ll find a mix of local Bahamian Shops, Bakeries, Grocery Stores, and quite few very interesting boutiques like the Monkey’s Uncle. Also be sure to visit the Albury Sail Shop where they make canvas bags while you watch! Albury Photo. If you are looking for Scuba Diving the Abacos, Dive Abaco is the place!
Airlines Serving Marsh Harbour
American Eagle – Miami: 242-367-2231
Bahamas Air – Palm Beach, Nassau, Ft. Lauderdale: 242-367-2095
Continental – Ft. Lauderdale, Palm Beach: 242-367-3425
Craig Air – Jacksonville: 904-641-0300
Southern Air – Nassau: 242-367-2498
Yellow Air Taxi – Ft. Lauderdale: 242-367-0032
Over Under Aviation – Private Charters from S. Florida for up to 5 passengers: